Crochet Along with the 2022 Bag Along CAL! Crochet bags come in so many different types and styles, and are a great way to learn lots of different crochet techniques. Follow along as we crochet through 6 fun bag patterns, with in-depth tutorials and great prizes too!
This post contains sponsored content and/or affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may get a commission.
What is the Bag Along?
Every 2 months in 2022, I’ll release a new, free crochet pattern for a bag. The size, style, and type of bag will vary, so that we can explore lots of different techniques.
I’ll also be sharing separate tutorials and tips, plus a giveaway to go along with each pattern. As we finish up each pattern, I’ll post a full supply list for the next pattern.
How to participate
Here are the ways you can join in the fun:
- Join in the community – Get updates and chat with others about the projects on the Scrappy Stitchers Facebook group.
- Tell your friends – The more the merrier, so spread the word!
- Make the patterns – They make great gifts, or make all 6 for yourself!
- Share your progress – Finished projects and/or works in progress, share all your pictures of your bags with the group! It’s also a great place to ask questions if you get stuck.
- Use the Hashtag – Whenever you post about the CAL, use the hashtag #BagAlongCAL so we can easily find your posts. You can also search that hashtag on social media to see what others are posting.
- Enter the Giveaways – See the schedule below for links to the giveaways when they become available!
- Support our Sponsor – Sponsors make events like this possible, and the prizes make it more fun! Please be sure to visit our sponsor, WeCrochet, and show them some love.
- Bag 1 (Jan/Feb): Wool of the Andes Bulky 100% wool, bulky weight yarn (137 yds / 100 g per skein) – 2 skeins each of Masala, Thyme, and Currant. Do not get the superwash version – it’s important for the pattern that the yarn be feltable.
- Bag 2 (Mar/Apr): Brava Minis 100% acrylic, worsted weight yarn (54 yds / 25 g per skein) – 1 skein each of Celestial, Marina, Lady Slipper, Custard, and Fairy Tale.
- Bag 3 (May/Jun): Brava Bulky 100% acrylic, bulky weight yarn (136 yds / 100 g per skein) – 1 skein each Solstice Heather, Denim, and Brindle
- Bag 4 (Jul/Aug): Dishie Twist 100% cotton, worsted weight yarn (190 yds / 100g per skein) – 3 skeins Conch
- Bag 5 (Sept / Oct): Mighty Stitch 80% acrylic / 20% wool, worsted weight yarn (208 yds / 100 g per skein) – 3 skeins Oyster
- Bag 6 (Nov/Dec): Shine Sport 60% Pima cotton / 40% Modal, sport weight yarn (110 yds / 50 g per skein) – 1 skein each Serrano and White.
As we wrap up each pattern, I will post a full supply list for the next one. For Bag #1, you will need a size J (6mm) crochet hook, or a hook that feels comfortable for you with the bulky yarn.
Bag Along CAL Schedule
Here are the dates for each of the crochet along patterns, tutorials, and giveaway announcements, barring any unforeseen changes. I will update this list with links as they become available.
Do you want the best of Stitches n Scraps delivered right to your inbox? Don’t miss a stitch – Subscribe now!