It’s finally time to start the Design Improv Workshop (#DIW2) Mystery blog hop scarf CAL! For the rules, social media links, etc, please check out this intro post.
Section 2 will be posted by Mistie Bush of American Crochet on 4/3/15. I will update this link once her post is available.
Remember, there are purposely no recommendations as to yarn and/or hook. We want to see variety! Without further ado, here are my first 5 rows:
Each section of this pattern is protected by the author’s respective copyright. Please do not distribute or share any section without prior permission in any way other than by sharing a link to it. Click here for copyright information.
This post contains affiliate links (click for more info). If you click one of these links and then make a purchase, I may be compensated. You get the same great prices, and you will be helping to support this site!
- ch = chain
- fsc = foundation single crochet
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- cl = cluster (see special stitch)
- sl st = slip stitch
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- sk = skip
- YO = yarn over
- Both written and charted versions of the pattern are provided – these are the same pattern so please do only one or the other, not both.
- Foundation crochet stitches are recommended, but an alternate option is provided (again, you only need to do one or the other, not both). If you are not familiar with foundation stitches, here’s a great tutorial: Foundation Crochet Stitches by Jessie at Home
Worked over 5 stitches as follows:
- YO twice, insert hook into next st, draw up a loop (4 loops on hook)
- (YO, draw through 2 loops on hook) twice (2 loops remaining on hook)
- Sk next st, YO twice, insert hook into next st, draw up a loop (5 loops on hook)
- (YO, draw through 2 loops on hook) twice (3 loops remaining on hook)
- Sk next st, YO twice, insert hook into next st, draw up a loop (6 loops on hook)
- (YO, draw through 2 loops on hook) twice (4 loops remaining on hook)
- YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1 to close.
Loop: Sc in top of next cl, ch 6, sl st in sc just worked.
Row 1: Work 40 fsc OR Ch 41, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 39 chs (40 sc)
Row 2: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch 3), turn, sk next st, cl, (ch 5, sk next st, cl) twice, ch 6, sk 2 sts, cl, (ch 5, sk next st, cl) twice, ch 3, dc in last st.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in first dc, (sl st in each ch across to next cl, loop in next cluster, 6 times), sl st in next 3 chs, sc in last st.
Row 4: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch 3), turn, sl st in first loop, (ch 5, sl st in next loop) twice, ch 6, sl in next loop, (ch 5, sl st in next loop) twice, ch 3, dc in last st.
Row 5: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, (sc in each ch across to next loop, sc in next loop) 6 times, sc in next 3 chs, sc in last st. (40 sc)