Last night, I couldn’t decide what to do. I could have made some progress on any of the 3 new patterns I’ve been working on. I could have (finally) written up the review of my LYS that I’ve been meaning to write. I could have just worked on my Socks with Sarah socks, or the lacey vest/jacket thing that is going nowhere, or any of my other 4 or 5 WIPS. But I just didn’t feel like doing any of that…so I didn’t.
Instead, I looked at Ravelry. I thumbed through pattern after beautiful pattern, trying to find just the right patterns for all those beautiful skeins patiently waiting on my stash shelf. I queued up many (MANY) new projects, all of which I want to get to this year. Realistically, I doubt that’s going to happen…but I’ll see how far I can get!
Most of the items I’ve added to my queue are for gifts, so I can’t tell you about them. Here are some of the ones I CAN share with you. Since not everyone is on Ravelry, I have included non-Ravelry links in brackets where available.
- Chevron Lace Wrap by Tamara Kelly – I thought this would be the perfect pattern for my Tosh Merino Light. (Chevron Lace Wrap on Moogly)
- Sophie’s Garden by Dedri Uys – I’m going to use up more of my stash acrylic yarn on this and give it to my mom as a wall hanging. She wants it in shades of red and black. (Sophie’s Garden on Look At What I Made)
- Rye by Tin Can Knits – this has been a really popular pattern on the Socks with Sarah group, so this may have to be my next pair of socks. I have it queued up for my Misti Alpaca, but I may end up changing that to a solid color instead. (Rye on Tin Can Knits)
- Wavy Garden Shawl by Irish Schreier – this is the pattern that came with my June yarnbox, with just the right yarns to make it, so I think I will!
- The “Dummy Clap” shawl by Anna Maliszewski – I think I love this shawl, and after reading the instructions, I love it even more! I’m going to use my Berroco Weekend for it, and will try to incorporate the matching, metallic Berroco Elements for a little extra shine. (The “Dummy Clap” shawl on YouTube)
Wow…I’m going to be busy!