This simple star is a great embellishment for headbands, hats, or just about anything else. With only 2 rounds, it couldn’t be easier! There are 2 versions – a 5 pointed star and a 6 pointed star.
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- ldc = linked double crochet
- fpdc = front post double crochet
- bpdc = back post double crochet
- fphdc = front post half double crochet
- st(S) = stitch(es)
- sk = skip
5 pointed star:
- Rnd 1: Make 5 sc inside a magic ring and pull ring closed.
- Rnd 2: (Ch 5, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 3, sl st in next sc) 5 times. The last sl st should be in the same sc you started in. Fasten off, sew in ends.
6 pointed star:
- Rnd 1: Make 6 sc inside a magic ring and pull ring closed.
- Rnd 2: (Ch 4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2, sl st in next sc) 6 times. The last sl st should be in the same sc you started in. Fasten off, sew in ends.
That’s it! You can use any size yarn and hook to achieve the star size you want. If you’re sewing the star down to something completely, blocking is not necessary. If not though, blocking is helpful to keep the points from curling.
The following paragraph contains affiliate links. If you click these links and then make a purchase, I may receive some compensation. You get the same great price, and you are helping to support this blog!
With a little fabric stiffener like Stiffy, or Aleenes fabric stiffener, these stars make great jewelry or ornaments as well, or tie one to the bow on a gift for a little extra touch! Just follow the directions on the stiffener bottle. I hope you enjoy the pattern. Be sure to follow this blog or check back for more free patterns!