I’m excited to be participating in two great CALs that are starting soon! Earlier, I told you about the Mystery Lapghan CAL which started on Monday. Now here’s another one – the Holiday Stashdown CAL. 15 crochet designers (including me) will be sharing 15 free crochet patterns for holiday gifts and decorations.
The CAL starts on September 14th and is designed to work from your existing yarn stash, so each pattern will be a one-skein project or a stashbuster / scrap yarn project. Of course if you do buy new yarn, and add it to your stash, then it technically becomes stash yarn too, right? At least, that’s the excuse I’m using!
Here’s how you can join in Holiday Stashdown CAL fun:
- Every Monday from September 14th through December 21st 2015, a new crochet pattern will be posted on one of the 15 participating blogs. See below for the full schedule.
- You can, but do not need to, make all the patterns – feel free to pick and choose the ones you like and participate in as many or as few as you want to. If you do choose to do them all, you’ll have 15 great gifts just in time for the holidays!
- When you share your progress and/or post pictures of your finished projects, be sure to use the #HolidayStashdownCAL2015 hashtag so we can all see it!
- You can chat and share along with other participants in the Facebook and Ravelry groups – Join either group (or both) by September 30th to enter the kick-off giveaway!
- Of course there will be more goodies too! For each finished project for which you submit a photo by January 11th 2016, you’ll get one entry into the massive giveaway. If you submit pictures of all 15 completed projects, you’ll get 5 bonus entries for a total of 20 entries! More details will be available soon about all the wonderful sponsors, amazing prizes, and how to submit your finished project photos.
It looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun, and I know there will be a lot of great prizes, so I hope you’ll all join in!
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 Schedule:
- September 14th: Underground Crafter
- September 21st: Designs from Grammy’s Heart
- September 28th: American Crochet
- October 5: Mainly Crochet
- October 12: Creative Threads by Leah
- October 19: Melody’s Makings
- October 26: Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- November 2: Eye Love Knots
- November 9: KatiDCreations
- November 16: Crochet Memories
- November 23: Stitches ‘N’ Scraps (That’s me!)
- November 30: Acorn Tree Creations
- December 7: Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
- December 14: The Purple Poncho
- December 21: Blackstone Designs
- January 11: Giveaway entry deadline (more details to come!)
- January 15: Giveaway winners announced