Do you have an old work in progress that’s haunting you? You know the one…you started it ages ago, put it aside, and then never came back to it. Or maybe you picked it up a few times and worked on it a bit, but it still feels like it will never be done. If you have a WIP like this (I think most of us do), then join us this July and…FINISH IT!
A few weeks ago, I was complaining yet again about my Never-ending, Nightmare Stashbuster Blanket (NNSB for short). Claire (of Mollie & Claire) said she had a blanket she needed to finish as well, and then she had the brilliant idea that we should finish our blankets together. From that conversation was born the 2014 Finish It Challenge.
This will be a 1 month challenge, from July 1st to July 31st, with the goal of finishing our really old WIP(s). To qualify, your WIP should have been started at least 6 months ago, and should be finished by July 31st. All fiber arts are welcome! Here’s how you can join in the fun:
- The Ravelry group – This is the official home of the challenge, and most of the activity will be here. There’s a WIP wall to post our starting points, an FO thread to post our beautiful finished projects, and a main thread for general discussion. Be sure to check in often!
- The blogs – To get the latest blog updates, Follow this blog by clicking the follow button on the right. Then visit my lovely co-host at Mollie & Claire and follow her blog too! To see all the related posts on this blog, you can view the Finish It Challenge category from this link or from the categories list on the right.
- The button – Download the button at the bottom of this post to use on your blog posts.
- The Instagram Account- There is an account called “Finish It 2014” that you can follow.
- The Pinterest board – If you send me your pinterest username, I can add you as a poster on the board so you can post your pictures as well.
- The hashtag: #finishitchallenge2014 – use this tag wherever you post any pictures or updates.
- Sponsors: If you’re interested in sponsoring this finish-along, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact myself or Claire to discuss further.
We hope you will join in the fun, and turn that WIP into a lovely FO!
Here are several versions of the button – to use any of these, just select the code in the box below the image you want, then copy and paste it where you want it!
<a href="http://stitchesnscraps.com/2014/06/01/2014-finish-it-challenge/"><img src="http://stitchesnscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/badge-with-names.png?w=300" alt="finishitchallenge2014 badge 1 small" width="300" height="248" /></a>
<a href="http://stitchesnscraps.com/2014/06/01/2014-finish-it-challenge/"><img src="http://stitchesnscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/badge-with-names2.png?w=300" alt="" width="300" height="217" /></a>
<a href="http://stitchesnscraps.com/2014/06/01/2014-finish-it-challenge/"><img src="http://stitchesnscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/badge-with-names.png?w=640" alt="finishitchallenge2014 badge 1 big" width="640" height="530" /></a>
<a href="http://stitchesnscraps.com/2014/06/01/2014-finish-it-challenge/"><img src="http://stitchesnscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/badge-with-names2.png?w=640" alt="finishitchallenge2014 badge 2 big" width="640" height="463" /></a>